The story of a girl is travel around 3 elements: Ground, Water, Air. Interact and learn from each one and finally turned into her own element: FIRE.
Here is a tentative plan for our Sunday Meeting/Workshop at 2pm in D12 which is where we met for class
(feel free to add to this or alter as you would like)
1. Check In – Lets all have a quick check in about what skills we can contribute to the project and what we would like to get out of it. Someone will take notes for the blog.
2. Movement Improvisation- Lets do a structured movement movement improvisation with the performers for a few minutes to see how people interact and work with each other. I can take notes and notice dynamics of the group and lead as needed. We can use the music people have brought in as a guide.
3. Lets all discuss the findings of the improvisation and what we learned about each other and some potential characters of moments we can film for the piece.
4. Lets discuss the story we see developing and get a rough idea of narrative structure. Someone or a team will volunteer to make a storyboard.
5. Lets plan the next meeting and timeline for filming.
Here is a video of a fun theater/animation piece I saw in Edinburgh which inspires me!
Here is my first idea. You can help me develop it, or you can also DON’T GIVE IT A SHIT and POST YOUR OWN IDEAS.
(I’m totally not a screenwriter please forgive my unprofessionalism of this..)
Here are some elements I had in mind that might be about implement into the piece.
1. Several scenes with mixed genre of music and dance that shows a progressive storyline within revolutionary space.
2. A narrative story about traveling through time and space (draw a circle from one point back to the point)
3. Diverse relationship between dancers and visual. (Interact, Immerse, Create or Reflect)
4. Diverse use of technology and visuals originally, creatively, consistently but not overlap the clear storyline.
( I think the methods can be somehow duplicated but in a way that fits our content),
5. Use of music video/film making tech: music responsive, camera moving, post-production, color, VisualEX, etc.
Here is my rough structure of TONE and MOOD without detailed narrative. I’m sure we can come up with movement based on the music we choose.
We can either follow the storyline or just choose ONE music for the whole piece is fine too. ( ‘ –>’ = Creative Transitions)
Starts here –>
–> Classical scene ( Introduce the story.. Slow and elegant movement/visual) –>
–> Contemporary/Impressionism/Jazz scene (Dream/Trip/Imagination starts.. dynamic interactive movements/visual) –>
–> Funk (happy soulful zoom… funky and playful movements/visual) –>
–> hiphop/pop song (Powerful, Lyrical, Emotional, Engaging) –>
–> Electronic/dupstep (Really get crazy of dance/visual/lighting, the climax of the story) –>
–> Back to classical (Dream/Trip/Imagination ends.. ) –>
–> Ends here